Submission Criteria / Guidelines
Fiction / Non-Fiction Submission Criteria
LampPost Publishing is ACTIVELY seeking manuscripts in the following Christian/Inspirational genres:
- Women’s Fiction (Can include “Lady Lit // ChickLit” Flare)
- Christian Romance
- Historical Romance
- Men’s Fiction
- Non Fiction / Memoir
- Devotionals with a unique spin
- Graphic Novels (READ BELOW!)
We are NOT currently seeking Science Fiction, Dark Paranormals, or anything involving witchcraft.
Each Lamp Post story should leave the reader with at the very least, a feeling of satisfaction by the last page.
If you feel your book meets the above criteria, please submit it, along with the following information in the body of an email. No attachments will be opened:
- Genre (where would your book be placed in a bookstore?)
- 3-5 Page Synopsis (A breakdown of your full story, single spaced is fine, including the end. We don’t want to be surprised.)
- Chapters 1-3, or the first 50 pages, whichever comes first.
- Your author biography – what makes YOU the right person to tell this story. Please include any publishing credits, relevant reviews, awards, etc.
Subject: AUTHOR’s Last Name_Title_Date of Submission
i.e.: Subject: Smith_TheBook_1-25-2012
Our current preference is for Full Graphic Novels, or complete shorter stories. We care about Quality art, but even MORE important is GOOD storytelling. And as nice as Color comics are, we love Black & White comics, too!
A proposal for a new Graphic Novel or Comic series should contain the following:
1. A cover letter with all pertinent contact information, along with an introduction of who you are.
2. A one page synopsis of the over-all story. This is your pitch, make it count. You want us, and your audience, hooked in the first 5 seconds. Also explain the format. Is it a one-shot? A mini-series? A graphic novel? or an ongoing series?
3. Send your files digitally. Please send a minimum of 6 pages of the artwork (cover + 5 interior pages), as well as at least one color sample (if you have a colorist), as low-res jpegs or a PDF, along with links to your artists other works so we can judge consistency. PLEASE SUBMIT HOT LINKS WHENEVER POSSIBLE.
Send electronic submissions to: email@example.com